Thursday, November 29, 2012

Perception vs. Thought

Obviously, there is a difference between careful, structured thoughts, which I prefer, and mere anecdotal observations, which  I try to avoid.  Still, at a large public function last night, I was struck by the intense anger I observed over the Fiscal Cliff . . . not fear but anger!

Although I yield to no one in my disgust for the elected partisans in Washington, who represent their parties instead of their country, I actually felt some small sympathy for them last night.  My sense is that the anger of the American people is rising rapidly, and that the elected partisans don't realize the tsunami of anger they will face, if they cannot agree on a deal in time.  This will far exceed the anger and shock they faced after the clown show raising the debt ceiling last year.  It will be all anger and no shock this time.

Maybe . . . just maybe . . . if they realized the pent-up anger of the American people was more important than the revenge of their political party . . . but, if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their back end on the ground . . .