Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Needed Non-NRA

I like guns.  I like the way they feel.  I marvel at the engineering of them.  I appreciate the fine milling and the workmanship.  I respect the power they constrain.  I like guns and own plenty of them.

But, I hate and loathe the National Rifle Association.  They don't understand me, and they don't represent me.  They are traitors to the Second Amendment!

The world is not simply "black & white."  Intelligent people can understand the lame "slippery-slope" of gun regulation.  Not all gun regulation is an affront on the Second Amendment.  The NRA is no longer the protector of the Second Amendment but is instead the greatest threat to the Second Amendment.  As a former member, I think the NRA is now simply crazy and will doom gun enthusiasts.  Their unyielding, unreasonable attitude will cause an eventual over-reaction by sane Americans.

It is not enough to merely abandon the NRA.  There must be a non-NRA organization for responsible gun-owners, but I haven't found it yet.  I want to make a donation . . . but to whom?