Saturday, May 26, 2018

An Earned Salute

When I was a boy, I remember my father telling me many times I should get a "do-nothing government job."  It was an extra bonus that nobody could ever be fired in such a job.  That never made sense to me, as I strongly believe that work is good for the mind, body and soul.

Those abusive practices continue today, as numerous government-worker-friends have assured me.  Each one has a story of some incompetent or lazy worker who keeps getting shifted around, because it is too difficult to fire anybody.  The pendulum has clearly swung too far.

So, it does my heart good to read that President "Jerk Who Trashed John McCain" has signed three new directives aimed at this problem.  It is unclear how much muscle these directives have.  It may just be rhetoric to feed his base, but it is nonetheless a hopeful sign.

As much as it pains me to salute this President, I do so!