Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day, 2014

I am thankful that unemployment has dropped from 10% to 5.8%.

I am thankful that the more problematic U-6 level of unemployment, which includes people who want to work full-time but can only find part-time work, has dropped from 18% to "only" 10%.

I am thankful for the average 4% GDP growth in the second and third quarters.

I am thankful we have minimal inflation and, more importantly, no deflation.

I am thankful that the stock markets are once again setting new highs.

I am thankful that the U.S. economy is once again the economic engine of the world.  (Sorry, China!)

I am thankful for my clients, who give me purpose in life.

I am thankful for my small extended-family, who provide a constant in a constantly-changing world.

I am thankful for our freedom of speech, so we can complain about every little thing, and for my right to pretend to listen politely.

I am thankful for our freedom of religion, so we can attend the church of our choice or stay home without fear of being arrested for not attending church.

I am thankful for Thanksgiving Day, so we can focus on how really lucky and fortunate we are!!