Thursday, February 16, 2017

Crazies In The Senate

The difference between my children and my guns is that . . . I know how many children I have.

The difference between the NRA and myself is that . . . I am a SANE gun-lover.

The difference between the Senate Republicans and myself is that . . . I have a conscience!

I am appalled the Senate Republicans are restoring the right of crazy (yes, crazy, not merely the mentally handicapped) people to buy guns.  They are parroting the NRA excuse that keeping guns out of the hands of a few crazy people will not prevent ALL gun deaths -- no kidding?  Nobody ever said it would!

Reducing senseless gun violence has no "silver bullet."  Reducing such unnecessary violence will require many, many, many small things.  For example, teaching gun safety in school will not prevent ALL gun deaths either, but it WILL help in some small way.  There are numerous other small steps.  Of course, the first step is to stop worshiping at the checkbook of the NRA.

To the Senate Republicans . . . Shame on you!!